Here are some of the highlights/upcoming events at FOLIC this season.
- Kids Bingo every Tuesday night from 7-8pm in Wood Hall
- Adult only (16+) swim every Tuesday from 7-8pm
- Lane Swimming every Thursday from 5-6pm
- Live band every Saturday evening
- Yoga (16+) every Sunday at 9am in Wood Hall.
- Aqua fit with Tori every Wednesday at 7pm.
- The canteen is open daily from 2-4pm and 6-8pm
- Weekly swimming lessons held Monday-Friday between 9am and 12pm. The lessons include preschool, swim 1-6 and fitness/patrol.
- After the lessons have concluded the pool is open from 12-8pm for regular swimming.
Buckle Down will return on Saturday September 2nd along with appearances by Johnny Vegas and the RC Jammers in advance of Buckle Down taking the stage.
- The mic will also be open for Karaoke from 1-2pm with the Bands starting at 2pm. Buckle Down will play until 10:30pm.
- Come out with your family and enjoy the pool, sun and music. There will be pool games as well during the day and a cash bbq from 3-6pm. Guests who are non-members can purchase a day pass to attend.
- There are still cabins and overflow sites available for the Long Weekend, contact Chris to book one before they’re gone!
Seasonal Campsite Draw Night , Thursday May 11th 2023
Wood Hall at Long Island Camp
Registration starts at 6pm
Draw will take place starting at 6:30pm
Valid liability insurance is required for all trailers prior to placement on any site.
We are seeking nominations for the two above noted positions which are up for re-election on October 2nd, 2022. The President and Secretary positions are officer level, and eligible to be filled by a “Full FOLIC Member” (current or retired employee of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police). If you are interested in running for either of these positions, please send before Sept 5th , 2022 your nomination via e-mail to email@example.com or a written letter to: FOLIC Camp Manager 415 Nicolls Island Rd. P O Box 17 Manotick, Ont. K4M 1A2
Notice of AGM and Elections:
The 2022 AGM will be held on Saturday October 2nd at 10am at Wood Hall.
Elections to be held for the following positions
President: 2 year term
Secretary: 2 year term
A nomination may be made at the meeting, providing that the candidate is present to accept or the nominator presents a signed and witnessed letter by the candidate indicating they are willing to serve. Elections will immediately follow the Annual General Meeting, scheduled for October 2nd, 2022 at 10 am at the camp in Wood Hall All members are invited to attend. —————————–
To download a copy of the Folic By-Laws click on the link above.