Hard to believe we are almost 1/2 way through the summer camping season, time flies when you are having fun!
Here are some of the highlights/upcoming events at FOLIC this season.
- Kids Bingo every Tuesday night from 7-8pm in Wood Hall
- Adult only (16+) swim every Tuesday from 7-8pm
- Lane Swimming every Thursday from 5-6pm
- Live band every Saturday evening
- Yoga (16+) every Sunday at 9am in Wood Hall.
- Aqua fit with Tori every Wednesday at 7pm.
- The canteen is open daily from 2-4pm and 6-8pm
- Weekly swimming lessons held Monday-Friday between 9am and 12pm. The lessons include preschool, swim 1-6 and fitness/patrol.
- After the lessons have concluded the pool is open from 12-8pm for regular swimming.
Buckle Down will return on Saturday September 2nd along with appearances by Johnny Vegas and the RC Jammers in advance of Buckle Down taking the stage.
- The mic will also be open for Karaoke from 1-2pm with the Bands starting at 2pm. Buckle Down will play until 10:30pm.
- Come out with your family and enjoy the pool, sun and music. There will be pool games as well during the day and a cash bbq from 3-6pm. Guests who are non-members can purchase a day pass to attend.
- There are still cabins and overflow sites available for the Long Weekend, contact Chris to book one before they’re gone!
As it is mid season there are a few friendly reminders we would like to share.
First of all, for the security of the facility and its members we have decided to keep the front gate down from 11 pm until 8 am and while the hut is staffed. This is to assist with ensuring only FOLIC members are using the facility. If you put the gate up to leave please put it down after you drive through, this is for everyone’s safety.
We would also like to remind everyone to:
– please refrain from driving to your site. We have purchased blue carts for everyone’s use, to bring goods from your car to your site. They are located in the utility closet between the men and women’s bathrooms in the trailer park.
– please keep all dogs on a leash on the grounds. There is an off leash section opposite the outdoor trailer storage. Please feel free to take full advantage of this area.
– please take your dogs up to the of leash section for their bathroom breaks.
– Please remember the quiet hours are 11 pm to 8 am.
– Please also remember that the river is a navigable channel. Please don’t play in the channel. We have recieved concerns from other community members.
-the electrical system at FOLIC is old and cannot support the charging of electrical vehicles so please refrain from plugging your cars in to charge.
We are looking forward to the remainder of the 2023 season.